Thursday, June 12, 2008

There is Hope

Dear Loved Ones,

We spent our first day out at the children's home yesterday. It was a day of very special reunions and joy. Impossible to even begin to describe holding our precious children again. Our Ugandan "daughter," Esther, is healthy and beautiful. (We sponsor Esther, and therefore have a strong connection with her. Wish we could take her home!) Fatima, who is a student at the school, but does not live at the home, is happy and not nearly as shy as she was last fall. OK, so we want to take sweet Fatima home as well.

I can see the evidence of hope in their lives. They do have a future and that makes all the difference. These children are so open about their love for Jesus and their love for us. I was amazed and humbled by their outpouring of affection. Little brown hands holding, hugging, stroking. At any time, we all have at least a half a dozen children attached to us. I occasionally thought, there is just not enough of me. Then I remembered, I am just a vessel. They need the love of Jesus and I am just trying to be his servant here. I prayed for his filling and his spirit. (and his memory! trying to remember all the names of each special one.) We cannot save all the children in Africa or even in the little village of Gganda, however God has graciously given us these precious ones and that is all that he asks of us now.

We also had wonderful reunions with the Santiam Team! What an amazing group and a privilege to join them. Jess was full of stories and enthusiasm. What a joy to see him with the children.

Thank you so much for your prayers and for joining us on this journey.

Love, Cathi

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like so much fun! I whish I could be there with you and all of the little beautiful children! You are all in our prayers!
Victoria