Saturday, June 7, 2008

Lunch in the garden




Dear Family and Friends,

We are so enjoying our time with my Aunt and Uncle. Our first meal in London was a delightful lunch in their lovely garden. (I believe they are Master Gardeners!) It has felt like we have come to our second home, always a haven and respite.

Yesterday, Micah and I took the train to Ely to visit with our friend, Steven. He took us on a tour of the beautiful cathedral there. Breathtaking. Then we were served a delicious and traditional English lunch of Shepherd's Pie at Steven's home. We were so warmly welcomed by his parents and brother. So fun to hear about how this family of believers is serving God. Here is a photo of us.






We have been getting regular updates on Jess! It doesn't feel like we are so far away. If you would like to read about Jess' team, here is Show Mercy's blog and Steve Bittner's (Team leader) updates:

Show Mercy


Steve Bittner

Much love to you all!
Cathi

3 comments:

Carol Ann Weaver said...

How fun! I want to go and have a tea in an English garden!!!!!

Anonymous said...

'aving a spot of tea, are you?

Many blessings to you on your trip, I love reading about your adventures!

Take care.
Edie

Anonymous said...

Sounds Like everyone is haveing lots of great fun! I wish I could be in England in a Garden! Sounds sweet!
Victoria